Isle of Mull: Natural Delights
Enjoy the magic of Mull with its imposing and varied scenery and often unrivalled wildlife encounters – see four of Scotland’s ‘Big 5’ species, only the Red Squirrel is missing! Experience the picturesque and majestic landscapes the island offers and encounter wildlife like never before.
|Day 1||Depart Oban and arrive on Mull|
|Day 2-6||Explore Mull (including boat excursions)|
|Day 7||Depart Mull for Oban|
Dates and Prices
22nd-28th April 2017
10th-16th June 2017
£1250pp including accommodation, food, and travel while on the island.
Contact us to arrange bespoke tour dates and prices.
- Enjoy the magic of Mull with its imposing and varied scenery and often unrivalled wildlife encounters – see four of Scotland’s ‘Big 5’ species, only the Red Squirrel is missing!
- Marvel at the impressive size of the White-tailed Eagle – the UKs largest eagle – and prepare for a memorable encounter: wild eagles fishing alongside the boat!
- Observe Otters hunting around the island in what is probably the best location in Britain to encounter them up close
- Relish the chance to see a variety of raptors from the regal Golden Eagle to the elegant Hen Harrier – species which are often elusive elsewhere in Scotland and absent from England
- Share the excitement and hullabaloo of a nesting seabird colony (summer tours only) with ultra-confiding Puffins allowing exceptional and unforgettable close encounters
- Spot the Red Deer stags and hinds – Britain’s largest land mammal – foraging from the roadside (all year) and experience roaring and clashing stags during the autumn rut (late September – October only)
- Boat excursions provide the opportunity for sightings of remarkable Basking Sharks, as well as, Minke Whales, dolphins and seals
Some parts of the tour will include walking from the minibus to selected sites. All walks are low impact and are suitable for all fitness levels. N.B. Summer visits to Staffa and the Treshnish Isles require some walking on rough and uneven terrain where a level of good mobility and balance is required. Appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear is essential!
All tours are led by professional ecologists providing a unique insight and a vast knowledge of natural history.
A late availability discount of 10% is taken off the final booking fee when you book a tour for March or April!