The Cairngorms: Highland Wilderness
Experience the mountainous and scenic Cairngorms National Park and the unique Caledonian Forests with breeding species found nowhere else in the British Isles
|Day 1||Meet Inverness; travel to accommodation through the Cairngorms National Park|
|Day 2-6||Explore Cairngorms National Park (including Speyside Wildlife Hide, and an excursion to Raptor Valley and the Moray Firth)|
|Day 7||Return to Inverness by 2pm|
Dates and Prices
18th-24th March 2017
28th October-3rd November 2017
17th February-23rd February 2018
£1250pp including accommodation, food, and travel while on the tour.
Contact us to arrange bespoke tour dates and prices.
- Enjoy opportunities to see Scotland’s ‘Big 5’ species: Golden Eagle, Red Deer, Otter, Common Seal, and Red Squirrel
- Encounter exceptionally close views of Pine Marten and Badger at the Speyside Wildlife Hide for an unforgettable experience (Don’t forget a camera!)
- Visit the famous Findhorn ‘Raptor’ Valley for a chance to see a range of birds of prey including both Golden Eagle and White-tailed Eagle
- Experience a not-to-be missed early morning Capercaillie lek or chance a sighting through the Caledonian pines
- Professionally guided, evening bat walks using hand-held bat detectors to hear (and hopefully see!) a range of different species (May – September only)
- Travel to the Moray Firth for a chance of incredibly close views of Dolphins catching fish on the incoming tide
- Delight in an array of Scottish Birds from Crested tit to Scottish Crossbill (all year) and enjoy the brilliance of Diver species in their breeding plumage (spring/summer only)
- Spot the Red Deer stags and hinds – Britain’s largest land mammal – foraging from the roadside (all year) and experience roaring and clashing stags during the autumn rut (late September – October only). In addition, Reindeer and Feral Goat roam the hills
Some parts of the tour will include walking from the minibus to selected sites. All walks are low impact and are suitable for all fitness levels. N.B. Walks around CairnGorm and the Findhorn ‘Raptor’ Valley for upland species require some walking on rough and uneven terrain where a level of good mobility and balance is required. Appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear is essential!
All tours are led by professional ecologists providing a unique insight and a vast knowledge of natural history.
A late availability discount of 10% is taken off the final booking fee when you book a tour for March or April!